Sunday, October 26, 2014

Vince’s Spaghetti Ontario, CA, 2014 by Charles Phoenix

The spaghetti of our lives! My fave is served at Vince's in my hometown of Ontario, CA. Vince's is the world's largest spaghetti restaurant. Homespun and family run, since 1945. Talk about hometown pride! I've been enjoying the spaghetti dining experience there for as long as I can remember.

My earliest memory of this oh-so fine spaghetti shrine is my 7th birthday. We were in my aunt's bright turquoise 1959 Ford Galaxie 500 on our way to Disneyland, and it started to rain. My mother turned around and said, "We're not going to Disneyland in the rain." I was so sad I cried. She said, "Well, where do you want to go now for your birthday?" Without skipping a beat I sobbed, "Vince's Spaghetti." So, Vince's it was, and a happy birthday was had, after all.
Vince's is an American classic roadhouse diner of the highest order. The roadside vintage neon sign out front, with its beautiful green face, sassy stripes and chasing arrow, pointing customers to the front door, is a local landmark national treasure!
You can smell the sensational sauce simmering, wafting in the breeze, before you even pull into the parking lot. When you walk in the door, you feel the heart and soul. I can't recommend a big ol' piled high plate of Vince's spaghetti enough. Long may it stand!
Vince's is located at 1206 W Holt Blvd, Ontario, CA 91762
Cheers to Vince's Spaghetti, their neon sign and you!
Charles Phoenix

No comments:

Post a Comment