The biggest bug festival in North America is at the Natural History Museum.
There will be over 50 buggy vendors inside the Museum. From exotic insect collections to live pet tarantulas, millipedes, centipedes, scorpions, and other arthropods for sale. Plus specialty bug-related products like local honey, silk, wax, and bug-inspired artwork.
Hear from butterfly expert Dr. Elizabeth Long and meet Museum entomology curator Dr. Brian Brown. Time to "bug" real Museum entomologists with your questions!
- Kids can march in the Monarch Migration Parade in the Nature Gardens.
- NHM Insect Encounters! Performing artists transform into butterfly stilt walkers and other fun characters.
- Live Insect Meet & Greets
- Citizen Science Caterpillar Hunt— collect real scientific data.
- Butterfly-themed education activities.
- Bug tours of the Nature Gardens.